Current User: Guest Login
Please consider registering


Lost Your Password?

Search Forums:


 






Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

problem with logformat

Reply to Post Add a New Topic
UserPost

2:48 am
May 28, 2008


krish

Guest

i am giving u part of my log please check it

#Version: 1.0
#Fields: "date time" c-ip s-ip "cs-method" cs-uri sc-status time-taken bytes
#Software: WebLogic
#Start-Date: 2008-04-02 22:49:40
22:57:07 GET /G2/UXM/Resolve/LoginCP/ 200
22:57:08 GET /G2/PASS/Template//css/resolve.css 200
22:57:23 POST /G2/UXM/Resolve/AccountSearchCP/ 200
22:57:24 GET /G2/UXM/Resolve/EclipseDrillDownCP/ 200
22:57:24 GET /G2/UXM/Resolve/SearchGuideCP/ 200
22:57:25 GET /G2/UXM/Resolve/ContentGuideCP/ 200
22:57:25 GET /G2/UXM/Resolve/ChangePasswordCP/ 200

i am using the log format as

LogFormat = %time2 %host %other %method %url %code %bytesd %other which

i hope is correct , but the thing is that it says invalid log format.

in the same file i also have this type of format

2008-04-08 07:25:41 147.149.1.200 10.187.35.228:61005 GET /Resolve/ 200 0.118 3569

and as u see both are diffrent . SO what to do now.. please help me

3:16 am
May 28, 2008


Jean-Luc

Admin

posts 1125

Hi,

Is your #Fields: … line above an exact copy of the line from your log file ? I don't think so.

Based on the following line from your log file:

2008-04-08 07:25:41 147.149.1.200 10.187.35.228:61005 GET /Resolve/ 200 0.118 3569

Your log format specification in the IIS log file should be:

#Fields: date time c-ip s-ip cs-method cs-uri sc-status time-taken sc-bytes

This should be translated as follows in the AWStats config file:

LogFormat = "%time2 %host %other %method %url %code %other %bytesd"

As you know, this format is different of the format used in lines like this one:

22:57:08 GET /G2/PASS/Template//css/
resolve.css 200

By the way, this format here is not compatible with AWStats as it does not contain the mandatory %bytesd field.

When updating the statistics, AWStats aborts the update if none of the first 50 lines matches the specified format. You can change this default value with this directive in the AWStats config file:

NbOfLinesForCorruptedLog=200

This will make AWStats accept up to 200 invalid lines at the beginning of the log file.

5:10 am
May 28, 2008


krish

Guest

hey this is some part of the log . I did it as u told me to do , but still its giving the same error "invalid logformat"

#Version: 1.0

#Fields: date time c-ip s-ip cs-method cs-uri sc-status time-taken bytes

#Software: WebLogic

#Start-Date: 2008-04-02 22:49:40

22:57:07 GET /G2/UXM/Resolve/LoginCP/ 200

22:57:08 GET /G2/PASS/Template//css/resolve.css 200

22:57:23 POST /G2/UXM/Resolve/AccountSearchCP/ 200

22:57:24 GET /G2/UXM/Resolve/EclipseDrillDownCP/ 200

22:57:24 GET /G2/UXM/Resolve/SearchGuideCP/ 200

22:57:25 GET /G2/UXM/Resolve/ContentGuideCP/ 200

22:57:25 GET /G2/UXM/Resolve/ChangePasswordCP/ 200

22:57:25 GET /G2/PASS/Template//common.js 200

22:57:25 GET /G2/PASS/Template//css/resolve.css 200

22:57:25 GET /G2/PASS/Template//feedback.js 200

2008-04-08 07:25:41 147.149.1.200 10.187.35.228:61005 GET /Resolve/ 200 0.118 3569

2008-04-08 07:25:42 147.149.1.200 10.187.35.228:61005 GET /Resolve/css/resolve.css 200 0.013 14705

2008-04-08 07:25:44 147.149.1.200 10.187.35.228:61005 GET /Resolve/img/topbargradient.gif 200 0.0040 385

2008-04-08 07:25:44 147.149.1.200 10.187.35.228:61005 GET /Resolve/img/headergradient.gif 200 0.012 601

2008-04-08 07:25:44 147.149.1.200 10.187.35.228:61005 GET /Resolve/img/drilldowndetailsgradient.gif 200 0.013 601

2008-04-08 07:25:44 147.149.1.200 10.187.35.228:61005 GET /Resolve/img/accountdetailsgradient.gif 200 0.013 601

2008-04-08 07:26:02 147.149.1.200 10.187.35.228:61005 POST /G2/UXM/Resolve.0.1/LoginCP/ 200 3.29

please tell what to do to get it correct

7:28 am
May 28, 2008


Jean-Luc

Admin

posts 1125

I pasted the part of the log you provided in a test file and I created a config file with the LogFormat I indicated and it worked as expected.

I got this message at the end of the update:

Parsed lines in file: 21
Found 1 dropped records,
Found 14 corrupted records,
Found 0 old records,
Found 6 new qualified records.

That's 1 dropped "Field" record, 14 "corrupted" records (the 3 other comment records + 10 records in the invalid format + the last record which is also in an invalid format) and the 6 valid ("qualified") records.

Maybe you need to use the following directive in the config file:

LogSeparator="\\s+"

Let me know if this helps.

Reply to Post

Reply to Topic:
problem with logformat

Guest Name (Required):

Guest Email (Required):

NOTE: New Posts are subject to administrator approval before being displayed

Smileys
Confused Cool Cry Embarassed Frown Kiss Laugh Smile Surprised Wink Yell
Post New Reply

Guest URL (required)

Math Required!
What is the sum of:
11 + 9
   


About the InternetOfficer.com Forum

Forum Timezone: UTC 1

Most Users Ever Online: 302

Currently Online:
40 Guests

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 638
Posts: 2709

Membership:

There are 257 Members
There have been 302 Guests

There is 1 Admin
There is 1 Moderator

Top Posters:

cssfsu – 55
deepakgupta – 34
albert_newton – 30
cosminpana – 20
DTNMike – 19
ahtshun83 – 17

Recent New Members: raju, todd2taylor, sbdcunha, mansigill1987, ThomasDuh, ThomasKic

Administrators: Jean-Luc (1125 Posts)

Moderators: Jean-Luc (1125 Posts)